ANZPIC 2012 Conference - Call for Abstracts
Posted 30th May 2012
Dear Radiographers, Radiation Therapists and Nuclear Medicine Technologists,
The Australia & New Zealand Paediatric Imaging Conference (ANZPIC) will be held at the Royal Children’s Hospital in Melbourne this year from October 12th-14th. This conference promises to impress as we showcase the latest innovations in paediatric medical imaging. Like-minded individuals will meet to discuss the various approaches to paediatric clinical work, education and development across the 3 major streams of Medical Imaging, Nuclear Medicine and Radiation Therapy. The website detailing all of the required information will be up and running in the coming weeks.
In the meantime, we are calling for the submission of abstracts for those who wish to present at the conference or submit a poster. Details of abstract submission can be found via the following link. Please note that the final date for abstract submissions will be on Tuesday July 31st 2012.
We look forward to seeing you at the conference!
Note: Full Papers should be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Abstracts ANZPIC2012" as the subject line. Submissions are required by 31 July 2012.
ASMMIRT2012: Keynote Speaker Presentations
Posted 30th May 2012
ASMMIRT 2012 | Availability of Keynote Speaker Presentations Feature
The ASMMIRT 2012 Convening Committee are pleased to announce the availability of video presentations of many of the keynote presentations from the Sydney Conference this year.
Access to the materials is available via the following link: http://www.air.asn.au/asmmirt2012/
- Many of the video presentations are large and will require that you have access to a reasonable speed broadband Internet connection. Please be aware that access speeds to the various materials will be subject not only to the performance of the AIR's hosting environment but also highly dependent on your local Internet connection speed. It is very unlikely that a dial-up Internet connection will provide adequate performance or acceptable loading times.
- We have attempted to ensure that the webserver and hosting environment for the multimedia presentations is adequately equipped to deal with significant access demands from our members. Nevertheless, this is a new venture for the AIR and it is likely that in the first days after launch that simultaneous access from many hundreds/thousands of AIR Members may result in a degree of latency as members access the various materials. Please be patient if you do experience slow performance – it is anticipated that the peak of simultaneous access demand will subside one or two weeks after this initial launch peak. Remember that the video files are large in any case and will take time to download (buffer) on your computer.
- The materials presented here require Adobe Flash Player to be installed. As such, it is important to note that the materials are NOT currently compatible with either Apple iPhone iOS or Apple iPad. Flash Player is available as a free download here:
- You will require an audio card and loudspeakers to listen to the presentations.
- See notes below in relation to recommended platforms and minimum specifications.
Detailed Specifications and Minimum Configuration Requirements are available here (pdf).
EOI - HWA Strategic Research Program 2012-13
Posted 30th May 2012
HealthWorkforce Australia has announced the priority research themes and topics for 2012-13.
Theme One: UNDERSTANDING RURAL HEALTH WORKFORCE ISSUES
Theme Two: EVALUATING WORKFORCE REFORM AND INNOVATION
Theme Three: MEASURING AND COSTING CLINICAL TEACHING AND TRAINING
Further information in relation to expressions of interest regarding reasearch areas is available via the following link.
GPO Box 2098
South Australia 5001
Tel: 1800 707351
Fax: +61 8 8237 8000
MRPBA - Assessment of AIR CPD Program
Posted 30th May 2012
Assessment of the AIR's CPD Program
At its meeting of 22 May 2012 the Board (MRPBA) considered the submission and determined that the AIR's CPD Program meets the Board's requirements. The Board has therefore approved the AIR's CPD Program.
EOI - Radiation Therapy Workshops Vietnam
Posted 10th May 2012
Expression of Interest (EOI)
Radiation Therapy Workshops Vietnam (2 Weeks)
Last year (2011) a team of volunteers went to Vietnam for a period of two weeks forthe purpose of conducting Workshops on Radiation Therapy practices, covering areas of simulation, mould room, planning and treatment. It was a great success,and we are hoping to repeat them again at different departments throughout the country.
Expressions of interest are invited and welcomed from radiation therapists, medicalphysicists and radiation oncologists that are interested in volunteering their time for two weeks (Nov. 3rd – 16th), to conduct Radiotherapy workshops throughout Vietnam. Please be aware that this trip will be fully self-funded by the successful applicant/s.
If you would like more information then please click here.
CPD Pilot Programme
Posted 2nd May 2012
We are calling for volunteers from the membership and also those from the non-member CPD program to participate in the pilot of the AIR CPD Pilot program. You must be:
• Currently enrolled in the AIR CPD program
• Be either a financial full current member or a financial CPD Participant of the AIR holding a current VSoA,
• Have lodged credits into the current AIR CPD portal previously
• Have credits in their current triennium
As part of the pilot you will be asked for feedback on the design of the new CPD platform and assist in the transitioning of the AIR’s CPD program into the future. Credit lodgement from this Pilot will contribute to your current credits lodged.
If interested, please email your expression of interest to the AIR secretariat including:
• years of experience
• public or private employer
• job role
• location (metropolitan, rural)
Applications must be received by COB Wednesday 9th May; no late applications will be accepted.Successful candidates will be notified by Friday 11th May.
Please send all correspondence to the following email address: email@example.com